Monday, February 21, 2011

What's In My Travel Makeup Bags?

As I prepare to go on a trip to Las Vegas where I'll be there for 5 1/2 days, I decided to show what I'm taking with me in my makeup bags. I had to go to Sephora and the drugstore to pick up some things for my trip. This is partially what I came away with from Sephora that I thought would be of interest to some of my readers:

A new makeup bag with pretty flowers by Sephora, matching floral kabuki brush set by Sephora and Fairy Drops Scandal Queen Mascara. Reviews on these products will be done some time after my trip.

I had decided that I wanted to try to travel more lightly than I've travelled in the past as far as my makeup goes. Please note that the key word here is "try". This is what I will take in my suitcase:

Cotton pads, some hairclips and a scrunchie, Neutrogena Makeup Remover Wipes, Q-tips (cotton swabs) and paper towels. These paper towels are not your ordinary paper towels, these are considered shop towels. They are blue and they do not break apart when you use it. It's the one non-beauty item that I use regularly on a daily basis for my makeup routine. I mainly use them to clean my brushes off on, Packed into the makeup bag will be a trial set of Noevir 105 skincare line, shampoo and conditioner, mini toothpaste, dental floss, eyelash glue, mini metal nail file (these two items are in case my double eyelids fall and I can't get them to double properly with mezaik, eyebrow pencil, lipstick, Fairydrops mascara, Sephora neutral eyeshadow palette and manicure set (in the slipper case). Inside the manicure set case I have a sharp nail scissors, tweezers and my container of mezaik double eyelid stretch fiber.

In my handcarry I will have several items. First up is the quart-sized ziploc bag filled with my liquid and gel items:

Mini Neutrogena Makeup Remover Wipes, trial set of Noevir 105 skincare line, a container each of Cle de Peau serum and Olay Regenerist Resurfacing Elixer, 2 bottles of Maybelline Fit Me foundation (in 2 different shades), Maybelline Fit Me concealer, Raysela Sunscreen, Lip Balm, Lipstick, Tarina Tarantino Pearl Glow Primer, Mini UDPP in Greed and Sin, mini tube of Vitacream B12, mini tube of Cle de Peau eye cream, container of Dermablend Cover Cream and K-Palette Eyeliner.

Brushroll to hold all of my necessary brushes:

This was purchased from Yumeko who created this brushroll. I have at least 15 brushes in it!

Makeup bag for the rest of my non-liquid, non-gel items. Bag is from Eco-tools.


Kat Von D eyeshadow palette, Stila Trendsetting in Tokyo Travel Palette, NARS Orgasm/Laguna mini set, bag of q-tips (cotton swabs), cotton pads, 2 different powder compacts, eyebrow pencil, eyebrow powder, container of Mezaik Double Eyelid Stretch fiber and MAC single eyeshadow. On the other side of the bag it contains some Eco-tools brushes.

Last but not least, my Clarisonic Plus.

I couldn't leave home without it.

Am I taking less things? I don't think so. In fact, I think that I'm taking more things with me but a lot of them are mini sized. I was originally going to take only the Stila eyeshadow palette but then added the Kat Von D palette and then really wanted to take my UD Naked Palette but settled for the much smaller Sephora palette. I'm sorry, I just realized that I should have taken pictures of what the palettes look like. I'm just so exhausted right now that I can't really think well. Perhaps I'll do a post trip blog entry and can show it to you then.

So, what do you think? Am I taking way too many things? Any other recommendations or reminders of items that I might have forgotten? (Yes, I did remember to pack my toothbrush, I just didn't photograph it.)

*Kat*

EDIT: I'm sorry that I really didn't do a good job on this post. I was so exhausted when I wrote it. First of all, one of the mini UDPP isn't Sin but it's Eden. I decided to take it out. Haha! Wow, it really opened up a huge space.

I should also explain why I have some duplicates. I try to carry all of my essential items in my handcarry but also pack items in my suitcase, of which I also have some duplicates. I'm always afraid that the airlines will lose my luggage so if that happens, I have all of my essentials with me. I'm just vain enough that I could go without clean clothes but not a naked face. To go shopping for replacement items, I still want to go with my makeup done. Silly but true.

13 comments:

sugar sugar said...

It's ok to take this much so as long as you are comfortable with the items you have and won't have to run and buy new ones. =)
This isn't too much but isn't travelling lightly either. hahaha! xD
I see so many cute and pretty stuff on your travel makeup bags. <3 <3 <3
Enjoy your trip Kat!

Unknown said...

Usually I would say for a 5 and 1/2 day trip this is too much. However, you're going to Las Vegas, and i think it's good to bring a nice selection of products. It's nice to have the option. Have a great time, travel safe and enjoy your trip.

Jenni said...

If your bag allows the extra bit of items, why not ^_^? at least you don't have to run around and search for it in stores when you need it! The Stila palette looks nice :)

Steph said...

i packed the same amount if not more for my 4 day cruise trip this past summer~~~
but you've done a great job separating what product goes where~

the mini tube of vitacreme B12 is SOOOO cute =D
&& where'd you get the eco-tools set?? is it limited edition??

Jen said...

I am definitely the same and take too many things with me, even if its travel size! So what your taking seems pretty normal to me! I hope you have a great time! KK x

Fruity Lashes said...

aww the flower makeup bag is so cute and you packed a lot in that little bag.

galpal.hi said...

@sugar sugar--Thank you for your comment. I really should edit my post. I was so exhausted when I wrote it that I didn't do it as well as I wanted to.

*Kat*

galpal.hi said...

@Fannie--Thank you so much!

@Jennifer--Fortunately this time I really prepared and tried to get a lot of mini products. I want to see what works and what doesn't in preparation for my longer trip during the summer to Japan.

@Steph--I already responded to your question on your blog but just in case...I got the Eco-Tools bag from WalMart a few months ago--like maybe 6 months or so. I haven't seen it again but saw one with a different print around Christmastime.

@Kei Kei--I guess that we just can't help it. I hate forgetting anything which is probably why I tend to overpack.

@BuyAionAccount--???

@Fruity Lashes--I saw the bag at Sephora online a few months ago and loved it. When I finally saw it in the store, I knew that I had to get it.

*Kat*

breakingrumours said...

Hello! <3 thanks for dropping by ^^ The jelly fish was made by my mom. Had alot of layers to create the fish like effect XD and nice makeup pouches! and i dont think you are bringing too many stuff XD i carry along more sometimes >.<

Anonymous said...

you're so well organized Kathy! I am definitely not leaving without my clarisonic hehe

galpal.hi said...

@heartbreaker--I can tell the amount of work that went into making those fish! Please tell your mom that I think it's awesome! I'm glad that I'm not the only one who travels with a lot of makeup!

@Nic Nic--I can't believe that you're here! I'm so glad that I got to speak with you. You have such a cute voice and lovely accent. I'm hoping that our plans will go through and that we get to meet up with each other tomorrow.

*Kat*

Beauty Box said...

I can totally understand wanting to be prepared and more. I'm the same! I hate being without my fave beauty items because having skin troubles on a holiday is the last thing i want to happen. I love your cute sephora flower bag btw...

galpal.hi said...

@astrorainfall--Thank you! I'll follow the boy scouts motto which is, "Always be prepared."

*Kat*