Thursday, February 3, 2011

Lash Cards--Yay or Nay?

This is just a quick post while I'm at work. Ssshhhhh!!!

In this morning's paper, there was an article about lash cards. I've seen some makeup tutorials on youtube, etc. where business cards are used to shield your eyelids when applying mascara. Like it says in the article, using a business card seemed kind of unsanitary. Since I do (or used to do) a lot of rubberstamping, getting clean cardstock isn't a problem for me. I tried it but perhaps I'm just uncoordinated or something because I can't seem to do it well. I also like holding the mascara tube in one hand while applying my mascara so having to use that hand to hold the card means having to stop, put down the card, pick up the mascara tube to reload mascara, then put it down, well, you get the picture. Perhaps one day I'll try it again and see if I change my mind.

In the mean time, here's the article:

http://www.staradvertiser.com/features/20110203_Lash_cards_end_mascara_mess.html

What is your opinion on using lash cards?

BTW, I really like the concept of the new mascara that Clinique is introducing. (It's at the end of the article.) I might have to try it.

*Kat*

14 comments:

KittyBonkers said...

It all seems so fiddly to me, I just prefer applying, then dabbing a bit of moisturizer on a cotton bud and wiping off any mistakes!

Kitty x

galpal.hi said...

@KittyBonkers--I have the same opinion as you. I will say that I wish the maker of this much success in this venture. It is quite creative. Thanks for commenting!

*Kat*

Steph said...

don't worry i wont' tell XD haha
the idea of disposable lash cards sound good...
but i probably wouldn't get it~

Anonymous said...

ohh the business card technique is far cheaper than buying one :P I saw michelle phan using it a long time ago - the japanese have one too! thanks for the comment Kathy have a great CNY!! :)

Jenni said...

i don't really have that problem with applying mascaras...but i like the idea of the clinique mascara brush! :)

sugar sugar said...

I'd rather apply mascara the old fashioned way. :D

K said...

I used to use business cards to apply my mascara, especially when I was into SUPER THICK lashes (this is back in high school). I prefer the Japanese lash guards!

http://www.kenko.com/product/item/itm_6915136172.html

galpal.hi said...

@Steph--LOL! Gee, thanks! Yup, I'm not going to purchase it either. But I'm totally interested in that Clinique mascara.

*Kat*

galpal.hi said...

@Nic Nic--That's whose video I watch too--Michelle Phan! Thank you for commenting!

*Kat*

galpal.hi said...

@Jennifer--Yes, I agree, the Clinique one sounds very interesting. I wonder exactly when it'll be released here.

*Kat*

galpal.hi said...

@sugar sugar--I can't seem to do it any other way. It was too awkward trying to use a card.

*Kat*

galpal.hi said...

@K--Thanks for the link. I'll go and check it out.

EDIT: I just checked it out. KYAAAA!!! It's Hello Kitty. That is sooo cute. As far as that Japanese lash guard, it's quite different from anythng that I've ever seen.

*Kat*

CL said...

The Clinique mascara totally reminds me of the Dejavu Fiberwig Tiny Sniper mascara, which is also good for lower lashes: http://www.sasa.com/SasaWeb/eng/product/viewProductDetail.jspa?itemno=104386603005. I tried it out, and unfortunately found it a bit clumpy and difficult to use, since a lot of product gets concentrated on the tiny brush - hopefully the Clinique one is better :)

galpal.hi said...

@CL--Thanks for commenting and for the link. I took a look and I was able to buy the Clinique one. The brush looks different. I'll try to do a post on it soon, after I play with it more.

*Kat*