Saturday, February 5, 2011

Review: Olay Regenerist Resurfacing Elixir

I've slowly been checking out the drugstore for more beauty buys. I believe that in recent years, the drugstore brands have really stepped up and are making some good quality products. Of course, prices have gone up too but it's still reasonably priced when you compare it to non drugstore brands.

One of the items that I have been using for over a month now is the Olay Regenerist Night Resurfacing Elixir.


Let's see what the box says it's supposed to do:

Grrrr!!! Blogger is uploading my picture sideways so I will have to type everything...
Resurface skin while you sleep for tighter, smoother skin when you wake. Professional medum or deep chemical peels work quickly to resurface the skin, but these fast-acting treatments can be harsh, causing severe flaking or prolonged redness. While not the same results, Olay Regenerist Night Resurfacing Elixir works each night to help gently resurface skin while you sleep for tighter, smoother skin when you wake--without the risk of harsh side effects associated with a professional chemical peel. When applied each night, the non-greasy, fast-absorbing formula wiht glycolic acid works over a normal sleep cycle to give you uninterrupted exfoliation while antioxidants and moisturizers continuously provide soothing hydration to tighten skin's surface.

And here's the ingredient list:

Water, glycerin, glycolic acid, sodium hydroxide, butylene glycol, hydroxyethycellulose, propylene glycol, panthenol*, palmitoyl pentapeptide-r**, cameillia sinensis leaf extract***, vitis vinifera (grape) seed extract, allantoin, peg-100 stearate, cellulose, xanthangum, dioxide, mica, iron oxides.
*Pro-Vitamin B5, **Amino-Peptide, ***Green Tea
(sorry if I misspelled anything, which is why I wanted to use the picture.)

The directions:

PM: Each night, apply a thin layer evenly to your cleansed face and neck. Allow up toi 5 minutes for complete absorption. This product is designed to be used alone and will replace your current night facial moisturizer.


AM: Each morning, wash your face before applying a Renegerist moisturizer with UV protection (SPF 15 or higher).
*Oil free
*Fragrance Free
*Dermatologist Tested

Sunburn Alert: This product contains an alpha-hydroxy acid (AHA) that may increase your skin's sensitivity to the sun and particularly the possibility of sunburn. Use a sunscreen and limit sun exposure while using this product and for a week afterward.

When I first started using this, I was also testing out Lancome's Genefique. I used Genefique for a couple of weeks then stopped and used Olay for a couple of weeks, then went back to Genefique. I stopped Genefique completely after another week and began to use Olay. I must say that I really like the results that I'm getting with Olay Regenerist Resurfacing Elixir. I would dare say that it's quite comparable to Miracle Worker (please check my tag to find my posts on Miracle Worker since I did an 8 week challenge). I do believe that my skin is brighter and it definitely looks smoother and more refined to me. It has gotten to the point where I'm not necessarily using it every night but every other night. One pump is sufficient and for as long as I have been using it, I think that I've used only about 1/4th of the bottle.


Compared to Miracle Worker, this is very reasonable. At this point, I'm thinking that it will become a staple in my nighttime skincare routine.

*Kat*

P.S. This upcoming week is Valentine's Week so I will be working much longer hours. Also, my mother-in-law has returned  home (she lives part of the year with us) so I'll be busy taking care of her as well.  I'm not sure how often I'll be online so if I'm not actively involved in blogging, please excuse me. I'm going to try to do scheduled posts but not sure if it will actually happen. As it is, this post took me over half a day to do.

12 comments:

K said...

Thank you for your review. I love hearing about anti-aging products that really work, and especially with a nice price tag.

Hope you come back soon!!!!

Steph said...

oh this sounds good =D
but i will have to wait til my medicated cream has worked it magic on my cheek before i try it!!!
will definitely keep this in mind~

Steph said...

btw remember to relax!!! if you don't have time to blog it's okay, we'll miss you but it's better if you're not stressed/ overworked

xoxo

galpal.hi said...

@K--Thank you for your comment and you're welcome. I too love finding products that work at a reasonable price.

*Kat*

galpal.hi said...

@Steph--I hope that your medicated cream works its magic soon. Thank you, you're so sweet! I actually miss reading, posting and commenting if I can't do so every day. I need my blog fix. LOL!

*Kat*

Jenni said...

i love hearing about anti-aging products and how they perform :) thanks for the detailed review! I would check this out and probably get one bottle for my mom LOL!! hope you'll be around soon!

galpal.hi said...

@Jennifer--If you do get one for your mom, I hope that it works out nicely for her too. Thank you! I'll still be lurking around and sneaking in while at work cause I'd miss being around.

*Kat*

Anonymous said...

I have been using Olay Elixer for a couple weeks and definately notice a change is skin tone and wrinkles around my eyes. I love love love this product.

galpal.hi said...

@Anonymous--I'm so glad that it's working for you too. Thank you for commenting!

*Kat*

Elia said...

I'd like to try this..btw do u know if its safe enough to use it every night for a long period of time?

galpal.hi said...

@Elia--I don't think that there's any problems with long-term use but I've cut down on my usage. I decided that my skin was looking quite nice so I decided to use it only every other day or every two days. That way, I don't think that my skin will get dependent on it or immune to its properties.

*Kat*

Carol Lee said...

I used to disregard skincare drugstore brands but right now it is worth stopping by.


skincare online