Thursday, February 17, 2011

Review of Noevir 2011 Spring Makeup Collection

I've mentioned it before but Mai and I mainly use Noevir skincare items. We both are consultants but honestly, we are signed up not to sell or to "recruit" more consultant but so that we can get our products at the consultant's price. I have always liked the skincare more than the makeup.

I will be going on a trip next week so I wanted to pick up 2 trial sets of the skincare line that I use. It is perfect for travelling in that you get all of the necessary products in the skincare line in that one set. Most of the products will last me at least a week with some lasting up to 3 weeks. I bought 2 sets because Iike to have one in my handcarry and one in my suitcase. It's good to have a spare when travelling because you never know what can happen although hopefully nothing will. While there I got to take a look at the 2011 Spring Makeup Collection.

I've never been particularly impressed by the makeup collections, even with the seasonal ones but this one caught my eye. For one thing, the packaging is so colorful and pretty! Dare I say, almost princessy. I think that perhaps they are trying to keep up with the other Japanese brands. I had a catalogue but can't find it now so I had to take this picture from the website.


Although I'm not supposed to be buying new makeup, I couldn't help but buy a few items. I rationalized it by thinking that since I'm a consultant, I should know my product line........

I bought Jelly Gloss in Peach Fizz, Shake Eye Color in Caramel Gold and Panda Clear (I keep on calling it Panda Eyes.)

The one that I'm the most worried about is the Shake Eye Color because it may adversely react with the Mezaik Double Eyelid Stretch Fiber.  It is a liquid eye color which glides on and dries to an almost powder feel. To use, shake well before use. Apply to the eyelid using the tip of the applicator, then blend with your fingertips. Wipe off the tip of the applicator with clean tissue after each use. It comes in Soda Blue, Strawberry Pink and Caramel Gold. All of the colors are pearly and didn't seem to be highly pigmented.




Retail cost is $28.00. I will do a better review of this after I play with it on my eyes.

The Jelly Gloss is a clear, gel gloss that has a wash of color and shimmers in it. The applicator is like a spatula, something that I haven't come across before. This gloss isn't sticky at all but keeps your lips feeling very slick. It comes in Blueberry Mousse, Peach Fizz and Vanilla Cream and I believe that the glosses are flavored accordingly. I have Peach Fizz and it does taste like peach. It's not heavily flavored and is quite pleasant. Peach Fizz actually looks more pink than it shows up in my picture.





The first picture is my lips with Viva Glam V lipstick. The 2nd picture is with Peach Fizz over Viva Glam V lipstick. You can see the iridescent shimmers! It's really pretty! I'm actually quite happy with this! Retail cost is $26.00.

Panda Clear is something that I had seen in the Winter campaign but it was combined in a set and I didn't want to buy the set. I was so pleased to see that it's being sold individually now. It is quite an intriguing product. It is supposed to easily erase smudges and mistakes from eyeliners, mascara or worn makeup. To use gently glide over makeup mistakes, and then gently remove with cotton-tip or tissue. Keep it clean between uses by wiping tip with tissue after each use. It has a waxy tip and it is actually quite soft. I made the mistake of not using it gently so I broke the tip--twice!!! Both of those times I was testing it out on my wrist so I guess that's why I used more pressure than I should have. I finally decided to do it on my under eye and just naturally didn't press so hard. It actually works really well!




I applied Revlon Grow Luscious mascara on my lower lashline, smudging it on purpose. I used this mascara because it is the mascara that I have in my collection that is the most difficult to take off. It actually "erased" quite easily. I decided to try it on my lower lashline eyeliner that I had applied at least 8 hours ago. It's the K-Palette 24h Eyeliner and it removed very easily. The only downfall to this is that you will need to touch up your foundation/concealer again because that will be removed too. Retail cost of this is $16.00.

If you are interested in finding out more about this line, you can go here. If you are interested in buying anything, please let me know. I will offer it to you at what I pay for it, which is my consultant price plus 1/2% tax. I will round up the tax so if something comes out to $16.08, it'll be $16.10. I will accept PayPal but prefer it you put it under "gift" so that I don't get charged any fees, otherwise, I will have to ask you to pay extra for the fees. I think that it's fair since I will honestly not be making any money off of these sales and if I get charged PayPal fees, then I am losing money. For your info, my cost of the Shake Eye Color is $19.60, Jelly Gloss is $18.20 and the Panda Clear is $11.20. All of these are plus 1/2% tax. Noevir is a Japanese company.

*Kat*

12 comments:

Jenni said...

the lipglosses and the blush (?) looks cute in the packaging!!!

galpal.hi said...

@Jennifer--Are you talking about those round domed things? If so, then yes, they are Creemy Cheek Color--one in Pink and the other in Apricot Orange. Consultant's cost is 30% less than retail.

*Kat*

sugar sugar said...

the lippie looks nice on your lips. :)the packaging is also very pretty. this is the first time i heard about this company. ^_^

galpal.hi said...

@sugar sugar--Thank you! This is kind of like Avon or Mary Kay where it's mostly home sales. I'm not positive but non-consultants may be able to walk in at the office here and just make a retail purchase--again, I'm not positive though.

*Kat*

Steph said...

the packaging is very princessy =]

the lip-gloss looks GREAT on you ~~~
&& the panda clear looks interesting =]
(lol i would think panda eyes too... panda clear doesn't flow as nice =p }

galpal.hi said...

@Steph--Yes, it's cute, right? Thanks! I do have to play around with the lipgloss more. Perhaps when I'm in Vegas I'll use it to help prevent my lips from drying out. I agree, panda eyes does flow nicely but it's what we're trying to avoid by using that product.

*Kat*

Anonymous said...

Hi Kat,

The Noevir makeup looks like 'Hard Candy' brand packaging!

Can you answer a few questions for me since I surfed and found your site trying to find out more about Noevir? I tried a sample of this awhile back through a freebies site and in looking again for some sort of multi-level marketing company to do on the side I have more questions that the Noevir.com site does not answer! Not even a statement from the company concerning the horrific earthquake in Japan, only one Noevir rep. mentions that staff in Japan are all accounted for on twitter but that's all!

As far as I can tell, this company has some offices in the US and Canada but it is unclear if they manufacture in the US or Canada at all. If not, I can't help but think that most who are interested in it or are current users may want to think twice about future use since all cosmetic products are made with water and stuff like the radioactivity coming from the Fukushima nuclear power plant will be in the water for over 30 years and there is no industrial filtration system at this time that will eliminate it. I just found this out at www.ans.org and the list of other radioactive elements can be found at the JAIF site link there.

If Noevir is made in the USA or Canada I will probably sign up and become a regular user and Internet reseller because I was impressed with the quality of the skincare that evenly balanced my skin for the week that I used the samples.

If Noevir is only manufactured in Japan then their sales reps will have nothing to sell for the length of time it takes the company to set up outside of Japan which is a sad thing.

Thanks!
DB

galpal.hi said...

@DB--Noevir does have offices in the US and Canada however the products are all manufactured in Japan. The headquarters is in Kobe,which is approximately 400 miles away from the epicenter of the earthquake. Operations shouldn't be affected by this horrific disaster. Naturally there is significant concerns with regards to the Fukushima Nuclear Power Plant and the contamination that is an unfortunate result of the damage. With that said, I don't think that there should be any worries about radioactivity at this time. Japan is doing very close monitoring of water in the surrounding areas and Noevir is also keeping close tabs on the situation, I'm sure. Another thing to keep in mind is that the US will definitely be monitoring all products as well. Since Noevir is operating in the US and Canada, strict adherence to FDA standards needs to be observed.

I'm not sure if you've read through my blog but I do have a son living in Fukushima. He is just outside of the 100 km radius (approx. 63 miles), much closer than the Noevir Kobe headquarters. He said there has been no problem with water in his area.

I hope that this has been helpful. If you do have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me via email.

*Kat*

Anonymous said...

Hi Kat,
Thanks for the reply back. I hope your son is OK through all this and is able to move as soon as possible.

Here are some links that you might find of interest as regards information about nuclear power and facts related to disasters such as the current one. Those involved in the handling of nuclear materials who are now retired shared with me the fact that the level of contamination occurring will remain within the water tables of Japan for well over 50 years. An element such as Plutonium which is well publicized as having leaked into the soils of Fukushima and the subsequent repopulation of that part of Japan will represent a huge and egregious coverup of the reality of the situation exposing all of Japan and neighboring countries as well as the world through the air as long as the plant is releasing into the atmosphere. The facts of the matter can only be revealed through the use of professional radiation detection equipment which the general public rarely has access to. The rates of various cancers will be statistically evident and all who consume agricultural products and other products made from them will experience whether they know it or not an unacceptable additional exposure to naturally occurring radiation.

I will wait until the Noevir company manufactures in the US since I would rather not expose myself to any more radiation than I already have had and which may be the reason I now have thyroid problems (we lived in California during the Chernobyl disaster and I worked outside during that time too.)

http://www.new.ans.org/

http://ansnuclearcafe.org/fukushima/
http://www.jaif.or.jp/english/news_images/pdf/ENGNEWS01_1301489625P.pdf Actual documentation of all radiactive elements from release into environment from the source.

http://www.ki4u.com/illwind.htm

http://www.thebulletin.org/

galpal.hi said...

@DB--It's ironic that you wrote today because I wanted to add an update but had to wait until I got home. I got an email from Noevir that I wanted to share with you:

"After the recent natural disaster in Japan, and the following nuclear plant crisis, we have received numerous calls and e-mails with concerns regarding our products and radiation. Please let me ease your mind…

We, Noevir Co., Ltd. would like to report on the influences of the recent earthquakes that hit east part of Japan on March 11, which then lead to radiation exposure from Fukushima Nuclear Power Plant. Our production facilities in Japan are not affected by the recent crisis, as the affected area is on the east coast of Japan, while Noevir’s facilities are located in the western regions, more than 300 miles away. Therefore, we have no reason to believe that there is an influence caused by radiation exposure. None of the facilities have been damaged by the earthquakes either."

Of course, we do not know the extent of the spread of the radiation at this time. My son is monitoring the radiation levels on a daily basis and says that they have been going down, with it having been at its lowest yesterday since this whole thing happened.

I have heard in previous reports about the radiation staying in the soil for 30 years so those poor farmers and dairymen are pretty much out of their livelihood. I can certainly understand and appreciate your concerns especially given your health situation. I was born with a heart condition so I've been through so many x-rays and scans that it's amazing to me that I haven't had any other health issues.

Thank you for the links, they are very helpful. Here's another one that I've been reading:

http://nei.cachefly.net/newsandevents/information-on-the-japanese-earthquake-and-reactors-in-that-region/

It is from the Nuclear Energy Institute.

Take care!

*Kat*

Anonymous said...

part 2

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110401/ap_on_bi_ge/as_japan_earthquake

Japan nuke plant leaks radiation into groundwater
By RYAN NAKASHIMA and SHINO YUASA, Associated Press Ryan Nakashima And Shino Yuasa, Associated Press – 21 mins ago

I've known of 2 others with congenital heart conditions and they are both healthy thanks to modern medicine as it sounds like you are now. The amount of X-rays while cumulative at least the exposure is not the same as breathing or eating radioactive material which lodges into tissue continuously delivering. I too had alot of x-rays for back injuries, a chest infection, food poisoning(yep, the ER x-rayed my belly fearing a blockage so they 'investigated' as standard procedure) and orthodonture and so far I'm OK unless you want to count a benign breast lump called a fibroadenoma that I've had since age 12.) More likely than not, you'll probably be OK just keep on top of good nutrition as insurance! I was listening to some scientist discussing that workers at nuclear plants are generaly healthier than the average person most likely linked to the fact that due to education, income level and more eating well as a result despite higher exposure to radiation over the course of a career..

It is amazing that many people can sustain considerable exposure to radiation of various types even over long periods-it used to be said (back in the 1970's when my father flew professionally) that the typical 18 hour flight was equal to at least 1 chest x-ray. Now, imagine doing that for 25 years and it really is a wonder that fight crews are able to live into their 70's, 80's and beyond with relatively good health. Of course, there are a number of diseases more common to professional pilots-vascular disease (mostly due to stresses of the job and the environment), skin cancers, lymphoma and leukemias.

‘Gotta get going and thanks for the link and your site. I try different cosmetics whenever and wherever I can just because it’s fun!

Have a great weekend!

DB

Anonymous said...

part 1

Hi Kat,

Thanks for the NEI link which I think is included at www.ans.org I am grateful that we have dedicated reporters and that despite the disaster, at least the nuclear energy industry and allied professionals are making the information accessible in nearly realtime distribution. Even the New York Times has been pretty good and several of their reports and educational articles have shown up on Yahoo.com

Thanks too for the update from the Noevir company. Yes, it is ironic that you got that from them the same day I posted!

Today I found these:

http://english.kyodonews.jp/news/2011/03/80539.html
Neutron beam observed 13 times at crippled Fukushima nuke plant
TOKYO, March 23, Kyodo

Tokyo Electric Power Co. said Wednesday it has observed a neutron beam, a kind of radioactive ray, 13 times on the premises of the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant after it was crippled by the massive March 11 quake-tsunami disaster.
TEPCO, the operator of the nuclear plant, said the neutron beam measured about 1.5 kilometers southwest of the plant's No. 1 and 2 reactors over three days from March 13 and is equivalent to 0.01 to 0.02 microsieverts per hour and that this is not a dangerous level.
The utility firm said it will measure uranium and plutonium, which could emit a neutron beam, as well.
In the 1999 criticality accident at a nuclear fuel processing plant run by JCO Co. in Tokaimura, Ibaraki Prefecture, uranium broke apart continually in nuclear fission, causing a massive amount of neutron beams.
In the latest case at the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant, such a criticality accident has yet to happen.
But the measured neutron beam may be evidence that uranium and plutonium leaked from the plant's nuclear reactors and spent nuclear fuels have discharged a small amount of neutron beams through nuclear fission.
==Kyodo

Ironically, after showing my retired plant worker the article above last week or so he predicted the meltdown into Japan's ground water. We're sad for the people of Japan since we both had visited once in our lives, he during military service during Vietnam and me with my family as a teen in the Osaka area.