Thursday, January 6, 2011

2010 End of Year Disappointments

Yesterday was the end of year favorites so today is the 2010 end of year disappointments. You can see my half year disappointments post here.

There isn't too many disappointments. I know for sure that it's not because I didn't purchase much so either it has to be that I purchased things wisely or I'm conveniently blocking out some bad memories. There are a few things that I'm sitting on the fence as of yet but then again, I didn't start using them until December so I can't make a final decision until later.

Skincare


Caudalie Instant Foaming Cleanser. I didn't purchase this item but received it as my reward for doing the Sephora Skincare Challenge. I was excited to try this out but was a bit disppointed. Since it is in a foaming bottle, when you pump out the product it comes out a nice foam. Unfortunately, while using it to wash your face, it doesn't stay foamed and soapy. While I do realize that it is additives that is making products do a nice job of foaming up when you wash, it is quite dissatisfying for me not to feel that foam. It's a mental thing and I feel like I'm not getting cleansed properly.


Lancome Genefique Youth Activator Serum and Eye Cream. I had read many great reviews on the serum and really wanted to try it out. I'm so glad that I bought the mini set instead of full-sized products. You are to use a couple of drops of serum and apply it to your face. It absorbs into the skin quickly--very quickly. I like my product to absorb quickly but not so quickly that it feels like it did nothing. I guess that I just like the satisfaction of being able to apply it and work it into my skin. After using it for a couple of weeks, I felt that it hadn't done anything at all. The eye cream is very emolient to the point of being greasy for me. It feels like it's too emolient and just sits on the skin with out absorbing into it.  Again, I don't think that it has done anything much. Since it's a mini jar, I will use it up but only at night.

Makeup


I decided to take the plunge and try out more drugstore brands. L'Oreal Infallible 6 Hour Never Fail lipgloss didn't work for me. It leaves my lips with a prickly feeling. I have found that with drugstore brands, that will happen with lipsticks and blushes.


MAC VV Mineralize Eyeshadow. I really wanted to like these two eyeshadows because I totally loved the colors in the case. Unfortunately, it didn't apply on me like the colors in the palette, was way too glittery and I experienced major fallout while applying it. I used both of them only twice and it doesn't even look like I used it at all. I'll probably be posting these up for sale in the near future.

*Kat*

7 comments:

Steph said...

i heard so many good things about the Lancome Genefique Youth Activator Serum, it's interesting hearing a "negative" review

&& i liked the venomous villain eye shadow, it's the sparkly-ness that caught my eye~

Denysia Yu said...

If you are going to sell those MAC shadows, let me know! I wanted to get those, but the sales associates at MAC were so rude, and they were ignoring a lot of us.

galpal.hi said...

@Steph--I like sparkly but with super fine glitters. I think that the MAC ones were a bit more chunky and it was too excessive for my liking.

*Kat*

galpal.hi said...

@Denysia--Rude SA's are so not good. I can't stand it when they are quite rude, although I do realize that they are human and can have bad days.

*Kat*

Anonymous said...

thanks for the msg! I am much better though i still got a lot of muscle pains.. sucks i gotta work tmrw lol.

its a shame those products didnt work for you. i think a lot of the mac products are definitely hit and miss. i missed a lot of their collections last year and i guess it will be no different this year - dont even check out the mac hypes these days, ive become a stern shopper :P

BV said...

Man, I couldn't believe your last 2 products! They were probably my two fave products this year! hehehehe

I reckon you should try to use the products again but this time wet. I only use these products wet - that's the only way to get them looking like they do in the pan I think... During Christmas period I wore these two everyday for 2 weeks! (It is summer here in Australia so it did get the Adams Family comments from my brother!) Hehehehe

I haven't tried the other products in your list but will steer clear.

Cheers
BV

galpal.hi said...

@BV--Yeah, I was totally sad that the MAC Mineralized Shadows didn't work cause I totally loved the colors.

*Kat*