Friday, November 12, 2010

Sephora V.I.B. Opening Day Sale Haul

Although I had kind of decided that I wasn't going to be doing any more haul posts unless it was with a review, here I am doing one.

Yesterday was the opening day of Sephora's V.I.B. 20% off sale. While purchases were 20% from the beginning of the day, there was special hours from 6 - 9 p.m. for their Kick-Off Party. During this time, you could bring a guest  and that guest would also get 20% off. You as a V.I.B. would also receive a free, special tote, enter a sweepstakes drawing, get expert makeovers and sample Godiva chocolates. I got there at 5:40 and it was total madness already. I don't remember it being like this last year and neither did the SA. I had already gone to another mall earlier in the day and picked up a few items that I wanted but wanted to join in on the Kick-Off Party festivities. I couldn't find a couple of items that I wanted but still was able to make a purchase. I started standing in line at around 5:50 and it was already very long. It took 45 minutes for me to finally get checked out.

This is what I picked up yesterday during my two trips:

A lot of NARS products! I started using NARS a few weeks ago and it makes me wonder why I hadn't tried it before. Lipgloss in Stella and Dolce Vita--I love Dolce Vita! It's a color that I have been looking for in lipstick/lipgloss for a long time now. NARS Orgasm Lust Set--I bought one a week or so ago and loved it so much that I decided to get one for a gift, NARS Blush Duo in Orgasm/Laguna--same as the mini set but bigger and NARS The Multiple in Luxor, highly recommended by Yumeko of A Dream of Tokyo. From Guerlain, I picked up Meteorites Perles in Teint Rose. I wanted the new, 2010 LE but it's not being sold at Sephora. I decided not to be picky since it's 20% off and it wasn't a "must have" but a "want". I've been wanting to try the Meteorites Perles for a long time now. While I have read complaints about the scent, I think that it's a lovely violet scent.

I also used 500 of my points to get this Beauty Insider Recharge Your Skin mini kit. For age repair, it has Korres Quercetin & Oak Antiaging & Antiwrinkle Oil-Control Treatment; Fine Line Fixer, DDF Doctoer's Dermatologic Formula Restoring Night Serum; Unclogs Pores, Murad Clarifying Mask; Moisture Quencher, Shiseido Bio-Performance Advanced Super Revitalizer Cream; Wrinkle Fighter, Strivectin SD Intensive Concentrate For Stretch Marks and Wrinkles; and Pore Refiner, Dr.  Brandt Pores No More Anti-Aging Mattifying Lotion. I'm not sure if I'll try all of these items but it sounded interesting.

What I will be ordering online from Sephora is Shiseido's Primer as recommended to me by Jess and some Stila Eyeshadow palettes--I'm still undecided as to which one(s) to get.

EDIT: I completely forgot that I got a mini of Tarina Tarentino's Pearl Glow Primer. I will use this for the next several days and then place my order at the last minute. I just applied it a little while ago and so far it seems like it might work out nicely. BTW, if you have an iPhone, you can get a free gift too just by downloading the Sephora app. onto your iPhone and then showing it to a SA when you check out.


Oh on a side note, the free tote bag is basically a vinyl version of Sephora's package that you get on a daily basis when you make a purchase. I was so disappointed that there were no Godiva samples given out, only a voucher for 20% off of a Godiva.com $75.00 or more purchase.

Were you able to make a purchase yet and did you get what you wanted?

*Kat*

19 comments:

Rica said...

I did not go to the party but I heard there were free chocolates. I went before th party and got some skincare products that I need. The Benefit Some Beauty to Love kit is completely sold out. I dun blame them, it's a great deal! I have my eye on two Korres sets, but I dunno which one to get so I ended up not getting any makeup lol.

Btw, thtas such an awesome NARS haulage. I think you should get their Sephora NARS Junkie Kit!

x
Rica

astrorainfall @ beauty box said...

Gosh I'm just watching from afar about these hauls from Sephora VIB and FF sales....Drooling and full of envy. Wish we had something like this in Tokyo! Great haul, by the way ;)

Jenni said...

GREAT NARS haul!! I asked my friend to get me something from Sephora VIB too =) *wallet cries*

I was afraid to use Kiehl's serum every night because i'm not sure if it's breaking me out. I'll test it for around a week again before i write a review :D!! please do a review of the Korres cream!

Jenni said...

oh btw, I thought kiehl's concentrate is a serum, but i could be wrong :P so you said you use a serum after that or a moisturizer after that?

galpal.hi said...

@Rica--Sorry that you didn't get any makeup items but it's great that you were able to pick up your skincare items. I'll check out the NARS Junkie Kit.

*Kat*

galpal.hi said...

@astrorainfall--Yes, we are lucky that we have this kind of sales but you're also quite lucky to live where there are all kinds of awesome makeup, skincare and hair care products too. I'm jealous of that! I guess that the grass really does look greener on the other side.

*Kat*

Bijin Blair said...

45 mins just to check out? That was one LONG queue!!

Do let us know what your thoughts are on the Pearl Glow Primer! I purchase base makeup incessantly, a terrible addiction haha

galpal.hi said...

@Jennifer--Thank you! I'm quite happy with my NARS haul. Since the coupon is good till the 15th, I'm debating whether or not I should get more things.

*Kat*

galpal.hi said...

@Blair--Unfortunately, the Sephora that I was in only has 4 cash registers and it was a looong line.

I've had my makeup on for over 8 hours now and so far, my makeup seems like it's still in pretty good shape. I'll use the primer for a few more days and will make a decision.

BTW, I'll try to get your prize package out in the mail some time next week. My husband had shoulder surgery and I've been busy trying to help him out.

*Kat*

Jenni said...

hi :) this is the lunasol coffret:

http://www.atouchofblusher.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Kanebo-Lunasol-Holiday-2010-Makeup-4.jpeg

they're selling it at around $580 HKD ($75 USD), I'm going to pick 2 sets up tomorrow for other bloggers :) if you want, just let me know lol

K said...

What a great haul! I haven't bought any Nars products yet. I keep wondering if Orgasm blush is worth the hype!

My Hawaii trip is coming up... and I'M SO EXCITED!!! My shopping list keeps getting longer...

BV said...

Hi Kat

OMG hope your hubbie is well! How funny is it that I was seriously contemplating the Meteorites Perles also?? I didn't get it though... I figured I had too many powders but still it looks so gorgeous doesn't it?

Lots of fun! Waiting for service sounds a bit painful though...

Cheers
J

galpal.hi said...

@K--I thought that too about Orgasm blush but I totally understand the hype now. I really like it. Mai was surprised because she knows that I'm not really a coral color person.

Looking forward to your visit to Hawaii!

*Kat*

galpal.hi said...

@BV--Hubby is doing well. He even insisted that I leave him by himself today and go shopping with Mai. Trend Show was happening at Nordstrom so we spent most of our day out at Nordstrom.

*Kat*

Connie said...

amazing hauls! NARS never disappoints :)

Jenni said...

thanks for your compliment :) will there be any chance you'll post some OOTDs too :)? I love seeing what people wear LOL!

Anonymous said...

what a great sephora haul! i think the blusher and bronzer duo is nice starter for people getting into NARS!! Orgasm is such a popular colour... typically me i have refused to get it but i have to admit it is a very beautiful peach shade. I always seem to find an excuse in not buying it haha. maybe i'll change my mind in the future.

the sephora point system is like a lot of japanese stores - it keeps the customers coming back! great reward system!

BV said...

Glad to hear your husband is well. And I don't doubt you would have left him alone to go to Nordies if he wasn't on the mend. He's a sweetheart to tell you to go to the Nordies show after all... awwww.

I want to know what you think of Strivectin. I am using the eye cream at the moment (I've used it before about 3 years ago and it did nothing for me) but I really want to see if it erases wrinkles. I have loads more than I used to so I'm hoping for a miracle!!

Talk soon
BV

galpal.hi said...

@Connie--Now I know about NARS so I'm really happy that I was able to do a decent haul of it at a good discount.

@Jennifer--I'll try to do some OOTD however mine are actually pretty boring.

@NicNic--Orgasm is actually a color that I wouldn't have chosen for myself since I really don't do peach colors. Even Mai was surprised that I like it so much but it seems to adjust according to your skintone because it certainly looks different on me than it does on her and she admits that it doesn't look peachy on me but more pink.

@BV--I'll definitely let you know how it goes with Strivectin. That's one of the main reasons why I picked up this set. I've been curious about it for a long time now. Don't know when I'll get to start using it but will definitely do a review.

*Kat*