Monday, August 2, 2010

6 Week Update--Challenge: Trish McEvoy Lash Enhancer Nighttime Conditioning Treatment + Bonus EOTD

It is now the 6 week mark of this challenge. I have to admit that I failed a couple of nights to apply the treatment because I fell asleep before I could do anything. I will put the series of pictures in order.

Upper Lashes


Lower Lashes


For some reason, it seems like there wasn't any improvement at all. In fact, it looks like it isn't as good as it was 2 weeks ago. I'm not sure if it was my picture taking today or if there definitely is a reversal. I know that I actually accidently cut a little of my top right eyelashes (left side in picture) when I was trying to do additional trimming of the Mezaik. I am currently using a Revlong cuticle scissors. I like it because the blades are short but they are curved. I would like to get one that is straight because I think that will help to avoid accidently cutting eyelashes. It needs to be super sharp though. Any recommendations?  I also tried and used the Kiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl Mascara, not realizing how difficult it is to remove the mascara. I tried it on Saturday so I'm not sure if I rubbed my eyelashes too much when trying to remove it. Oh well...

With Mascara


This is using the same Estee Lauder mascara and the Shiseido mascara base. (I always use the mascara base to help keep my eyelashes curled.)

I am still quite pleased with the results. I also don't mind as much if I accidently cut my eyelashes now because with the Trish McEvoy treatment, it helps my lashes to grow back faster than if I didn't use it.

Bonus EOTD

On Saturday, Mai and I got together and I got naked...oh wait, NAKED. Urban Decay's Naked Palette, that is. I was really surprised and happy that Sephora at Ala Moana still had palettes avaiable. I had tried to pick one up at Pearlridge Mall on Thursday and I was told that there was a waiting list for it. Mai debated about whether to pick one up too but decided to wait and play with mine first.

The set comes with the eyeshadow palette, a cute sample-sized bottle of Eyeshadow Potion Primer, which I gave to Mai and a double-ended, two-color eyeliner pencil. The casing of the palette is actually cardboard but it's covered in velvet.. The inside cover has a mirror and there are 12 different eyeshadows.



For today's EOTD, I used Virgin on the browbone, Toasted in the contour area, Halfbaked on the inner corner of upper eyelids brushing up to creaseline, Smog from middle of eyelide to outer corners and brushing up to above creaseline and blending into contour area over Toasted. Darkhorse is then used at the outer corners in a "v" shape. I also lightly lined the lower lashline with Darkhorse. K-Palette Real Lasting eyeliner was used on upper and lower lashline and Shiseido Mascara base and Estee Lauder Illusionist Mascara applied over eyelashes curled with Shu Uemura eyelash curler.




This is the first time that I've even tried any Urban Decay eyeshadows. I was surprised by how soft the shadow is. I first applied too much to my brush. The eyeshadows are on the frosty side, which I normally don't use much. With the powders being so soft, I had a lot of fallout but I'm not sure if it's because I had too much on my brush or if it really does have fallout. It doesn't bother me much since I usually do my eye makeup first and then finish up the rest of my face with foundation, etc. I feel that Naked palette is a great purchase. The colors are really nice and neutral but well pigmented. It's a great introduction to the Urban Decay eyeshadow line.

*Kat*

3 comments:

BV said...

I seriously can see a difference both in upper and lower lashes. Lower lashes are probably easier to see but I can see a thickness in the middle of your upper lashes + lash increase. RESULT! Nice...

BTW do you know I have been trying to get the Naked palette at both the Urban Decay + Sephora website? Man, you lucked out finding it at the store. I think it will be restocked soon because UD have this email notification for restocking so thank goodness it isn't a limited edition! I love the EOTD - looks great!!!!!!!

BV

galpal.hi said...

I'm glad that you can see the difference. I know for sure that there is a difference but I guess that I was hoping for a really dramatic difference. Oh well...

OMG! Too bad that I didn't know you were trying to get the Naked palette. I could have picked one up for you. I was amazed that they actually had at least 5 in stock. I hope that you'll get your notification soon.

*Kat*

Anonymous said...

I love the gold on you! very glam :D