Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Review: Sephora's VIB 500 Point Urban Decay Urban Vices Palette Set + EOTD

Hi Everyone!

I know it's been a very long while since I last blogged. There will probably be a future post on that but for now I'm very excited to blog about Urban Vices Palette set, which I received almost a week ago.

Last year there was a 500 point Urban Decay palette which I really like. One of the colors in that set has become a part of my regular rotation of colors that I use and fortunately, it is a regular stock item.

I happened to be surfing Sephora's website online and saw the Urban Vices set available for a 500 point VIB redemption. I immediately called my local store and found out it was also available in our store so I rushed out to get there.

The set comes in a big box with the Urban Vices design on it.



Inside the box is another box--a small box the size of the palette, again with the Urban Vices design on it.


The back of the box with some product information, including the shadow colors.


Inside the box is the actual palette. It is made of sturdy cardboard, which is something that I don't like but I can't complain since it was a bonus item using my points.


The colors are Dope, Hoodoo, Derailed and Smokeout. Also included is a mini 24/7 Glide-on Eye Pencil in Smokeout. I haven't had a chance to do some checking so I don't know if any of these are part of their regular line or not. I think that I have Smokeout in another palette but not positive. If anyone knows these colors availability, please comment and let me know.

I did a quick EOTD using Hoodoo on the inner 1/3 of my eye, Derailed on the outer 2/3 of the eye. I dabbed MAC's Light Violet Crushed Pigment in the center of the eyelid just to give it some dimension and added Smokeout to the out corners of the eyelid and along the outer 1/4 of the lower lashline. I used Dolly Wink Eyeliner pen to line my eyes.



Like last year's palette, I'm really liking this one. One can reason that this gift isn't worth it because 500 points is equivalent to $500.00 spent. I like to look at it as a bonus, despite the value of the points because without the program, I wouldn't be getting anything. I think that with any reward program, one will never get full value of what their points were equivalent to.

I can't believe that it's mid November already. Somehow, this year has flown by much more quickly than any other year.

*Kat*

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I agree with you - I always look at the perks as a nice free extra. I too cashed in my points and got this perk but it hasn't arrived yet (I ordered online). Thank you for posting this as I am excited and wanted to get a better look at the colors!

galpal.hi said...

@Unknown--Thank you for reading and posting a comment! I think that most people would agree and see the perks as free extras. I hope that your order arrives soon and that you will like it as much as I do.

*Kat*

Bijin Blair said...

Ooooh, that is a nice perk! IDK if we have something like that over here... I know the Black Card members receive invites for 20% off sales, but I have yet to hear about them getting actual products for free, haha!

OMG yes, December is coming soon! And then, hello 2016!

galpal.hi said...

@Bijin Blair--Oooohhhhh 20% off sales are great too!

*Kat*