Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Purchase Review: Kiehl's Line-Reducing, Eye-Brightening Concentrate

Whenever I go to Las Vegas, I love going to Premium Outlet Mall to shop, especially at the CCO stores (Cosmetic Company Store). There are two such shops at the one outlet mall that I usually go to. When I was there in October, I was able to score some Giorgio Armani single eyeshadows (the ones like Infallibles).

I just went to Las Vegas last month and was hoping to find more of those eyeshadows but unfortunately, there was barely anything GA related in store. I was surprised to see a small selection of Kiehl's products there and was happy to find this eye cream.


It was quite chilly in Las Vegas and I felt that the eye cream that I took with me wasn't hydrating enough so I purchased the Kiehl's eye cream. I also wasn't getting enough sleep so I thought that with the eye brightening properties, it was perfect.

The ingredients:


The first night that I used it, I loved it! It was very emolient and hydrating. I did think that perhaps it might be a little too oily for use most months when I returned home as there are only a couple of months when it gets to what I feel is chilly. I used it for the next couple of days and was totally happy with it until...

...I noticed one night that after applying it, the area where I applied it felt prickly and a bit itchy. By this time, it was just a day away from returning home so I decided to stop using it and use it only at night after I returned home. It was slowly starting to feel more prickly and itchy with each application, although I experienced no swelling, redness or visible irritation. It finally got to the point where I was trying desperately not to rub or scratch and had to wash my face to remove it completely.

I'm really sad that it hasn't worked well for me. I use Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Complex without any problems and love it. I guess that I'm still on the hunt for a good eye cream to use at night.

*Kat*

P.S. I'm starting to gather things for a blog sale so keep watching out for it. This eye cream will defintely be going into the blog sale. Hopefully someone else uses it with no problems and likes it.

3 comments:

Bijin Blair said...

Such a shame that it didn't work for you! Prickly and itching? Bad bad bad signs.

Have you tried the Powerful-Strength Line-Reducing Concentrate?

A blogsale? Can't wait for it!

galpal.hi said...

@Blair--Is that from Kiehl's too? I'm a bit hesitant to try any more eye creams from them. It's really strange for me because I'm normally not sensitive to anything.

*Kat*

Jenni said...

shame it didn't work for you!!! I like the Midnight recovery eye too, it feels so nice on the skin although I couldn't quite see its effects.

One thing for sure, is that Kiehl's has always been generous with samples, maybe get a sample of their stuff (either packet or ask them to squeeze into a small jar) and try first?

the other day I asked about their olive oil hair mask and was told it's OOS, the SA wouldn't let me leave empty handed!