Thursday, May 25, 2017

Favorite Multi-Purpose Skincare Producrt

Hi everyone! It's been a crazy, hectic past 6 months. Other than a 2 1/2 week vacation at the end of March/beginning of April, I've been working 60+ hours a week. This week my body is retaliating and I'm not feeling well. Took some time off today and felt the urge to blog. I've been taking lots of pictures but have not had the time or energy to prep them and do a write up.

For close to a year now, I've been using coconut oil in my daily skin care regiment. I originally started using it as a binder to press pigments and mineral eyeshadows. I love using it because of its antibacterial and antimicrobial properties. After reading up on different uses for coconut oil, I decided to implement it more into daily use.

I like fractionated coconut oil because it is a liquid. Fractionated coconut oil is inexpensive and easy to use. I buy mine from TKB Trading,


They provide excellent service and I've been pleased with the quality of their products. I do know that doTERRA sells it too, 

In addition to using it for pressing pigments, I have been using it as a moisturizer, body lotion, on my hair instead of moroccan or argan oil, both damp and dry hair. I've been wanting to but have yet to use it as a hair conditioning treatment, I've always felt that using oils was too heavy for my skin and hair but the fractionated coconut oil, while being emollient, absorbs well into the skin and is non greasy if used in moderation. A little goes a long way. I find that I need only 3 drops to moisturize my face and neck. 3 drops for my hair too. Any more than that will leave me with greasy, stringy hair. I put the oil into a cobalt glass dropper bottle. (I think the blue color is prettier than the amber color.) This way I can dispense it easily.


On my last trip, I took only the fractionated coconut oil with me instead of moisturizers, lotions, eye creams and makeup remover. It worked well and saved some space. It is supposed to help stimulate hair growth and I tried it on my eyelashes without any significant results. Another person used it on a dark spot she developed on her cheek and she said that it really helped to lighten it. I've been using it for months now and I did not notice any lightening of my dark spots. I would love to completely replace using moisturizers with the coconut oil but there are some properties to skin care products that I'm using that I like so I don't think that I can eliminate them.

I highly recommend using coconut oil. You can easily look up the benefits and uses to coconut oil. You'll be amazed by all the uses.

Do you have experience using coconut oil? If so, please let me know your thoughts and results.

Kat

1 comments:

K said...

Wow, great to hear you found such a great multi-use product!