Saturday, December 29, 2012

Gift Review: Hadanomy and K-Palette

How is everyone doing? I hope that all of you are enjoying your holiday season. I am surprising myself with a blog post since all my family is here for the holidays. The little one keeps us busy as we try to keep him busy but finally have a break and am home alone!

I wanted to share with you a couple of products that my son, daughter-in-law and grandson brought from Japan for me. One was part of my Christmas gift, the other was requested by me. Sana Hadanomy Aquaplacenta Esthefoam and K-Palette 1 Day Tattoo Real Lasting Eyeliner.


Sana Hadanomy Aquaplacenta Esthefoam


What is Aquaplacenta? Well, while it does sound rather distasteful, it doesn't come from any human or animal placenta. It is aqua placenta which is from Hokkaido Salmon. It is salmon ovary peptide, an enzyme also known as SOP. It is felt that marine or aqua placenta is safer since animals are more prone to diseases. It is also thought that the benefits of SOP is that it is hydrating, anti aging, skin lightening as well as helps to lighten freckles and age spots, is anti wrinkle and has lifting properties. It also helps to heal dry damaged skin.

From what my daughter-in-law told me, this is very popular in Japan right now. It is a carbonated foam face wash and it can remove makeup, cleanse your face and also gives the effect of a facial massage and moisturizing mask by washing your face for 30 seconds or more.

It comes with a dispenser that is very similar to shaving cream and even the foam that comes out reminds me of shaving cream.


It comes out nice and airy but does lather up rather nicely.


It felt really nice while washing my face and I did have a sense of the carbonation in it. Rather than it feeling fizzy, it had a cooling sensation. I don't know if anybody else did this as a child but I used to love to put my face close to the cup right after pouring soda into it just to feel the fizz popping. It had that kind of cooling sensation. After washing, my skin felt nicely hydrated and not tight at all. I do think that it seemed a bit brighter and smoother. I really like this face wash although I do think that it might be difficult to purchase here. Honestly, I still like the Naive cleansers that I am using although this does come very close.

K-Palette 1 Day Tattoo Real Lasting Eyeliner


If you are a regular reader of this blog, you will know that K-Palette is my HG eyeliner. So why am I blogging about this? I had noticed recently that there is brown eyeliner available in Japan. I had been wanting to try brown for a more subtle eyeliner look so I asked my son and daughter-in-law to pick a couple up for me. I had sent them a picture of one that was in Natural Brown but when they went shopping for it, found out that it was discontinued and replaced by Deep Brown, which is actually a much better color. I think that Natural Brown would have been a little lighter than I would have been happy with.

It's the same felt pen type applicator, which is easy to use.


It's a dark brown but it comes out quite natural looking. I really like it, especially when I'm using brown eyeshadows--which is very surprising for me. I have finally discovered some browns that I can use without it making me look tired. I think that the pink brown tones work well for me. Although in the pictures it looks subtle, it does work very well. It enhances my eyes very nicely and I really like it.



I'm going to ask them to pick up a couple more for me when the return to Japan so that I can have a couple of backups.

The end of the year is just a few days away. I hope that 2013 will bring much joy, happiness and good things to all of you.

*Kat*

0 comments: