Thursday, June 30, 2011

Purchase Review: Korres Antiageing Primer + My New Sin

Anything that says "anti aging" usually catches my eye. I had been eyeing the Korres Quercetin & Oak Antiageing Primer for a while now.


I finally asked for a sample of it recently and found out that it had just been reformulated. After using it a few days, I decided that I liked it enough to purchase it.

It says on the tube that it is a powerful treatment and skin-perfecting face primer in one. It instantly fills up wrinkles and provides a very smooth and perfected skin surface ensuring long lasting makeup application. One of the things that I really like about it is that it is silicone free. I think that it really does smooth out my skin. It has kind of a citrusy scent but it dissipates quite quickly.

I also purchased Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion in Sin.


It is in the new packaging where it is in a squeeze tube and not the genie bottle. My genie bottle had dried up so I was happy to be able to replace it with the new squeeze tube.

For those who wanted to see the machines that I used to make the wedding announcements, here they are:

This first one is the Big Shot which is a hand crank style machine. I used it to cut out the designs which were used.


This next machine is the big Ellison XL machine. I used this to cut out the 5" x 7" envelopes.


I really love this machine!

*Kat*

12 comments:

tiffyama said...

Yay for the Korres Anti-aging primer working~ it's always nice when a product does what it says it does. :] Ooh~ and the UDPP in Sin! I still have the genie bottle...but I don't know if I'd repurchase. Eh.

The machine! Looks pretty cool. I bet the invitations look lovely~

galpal.hi said...

I love the UDDP formulation because I can use it over the Mezaik Double Eyelid Fiber and it doesn't get messed up.

*Kat*

Denysia Yu said...

Does the Korres primer have shea or cocoa butter in it?

galpal.hi said...

@Denysia--Sorry, I had tried to take pictures of the ingredients list but it was waaaay too small even on macro setting. This is what I got from Sephora's website:

1.01 oz:
Aqua (Water), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Dicaprylyl Ether, Cetearyl Alcohol, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Glyceryl Stearate, Propanediol, Glyceryl Stearate Citrate, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Alcohol, Glycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Citrus Paradisi (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Limonene, Ethylhexylglycerin, Xanthan Gum, Cellulose Gum, Glycosphingolipids / Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Flour Lipids, Hordeum Vulgare Extract, Tocopherol, Spilanthes Acmella Flower Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium Phytate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Glyceryl Oleate, Quercetin Caprylate, Quercus Robur Bark Extract, Citral, Linalool.

It doesn't have shea butter and I don't think that it has cocoa butter although I'm not sure what Coco-Caprylate/Caprate is.

*Kat*

sugar sugar said...

have heard so many good things about the korres primer! :)

K said...

I would LOVE to see this little machine in action... but I would love to see you even more! Miss you!!!

evie said...

ahh yes yes i was planning to ask you about the machines you are always talking about haha!!..ahh they looks good!the Big shot is like a girly handicraft machine definitely most girls would like to have it..love making handmade items..

BV said...

OMG I was just thinking I want to try that primer!! I am loving my new Shu primer but I figure I will get around to trying out Korres one of these days! I love it when things work out!

the card maker looks fantastic! what a great idea!!

PS do you know I am planning to make my own soaps recently and I remember you saying once you used to make your own... did you make cold pressed soaps or melt and pour? I'm thinking cold pressed for me! I feel a new hobby coming up!
cheers
BV

galpal.hi said...

@sugar sugar--Yes, really liking the Korres primer. Mai is also considering purchasing it.

*Kat*

galpal.hi said...

@K--Aaawwwww!! {hugs} Miss you too. I would love to see you again. Please come back to Hawaii soon.

*Kat*

galpal.hi said...

@evie--I actually have 2 Big Shots. One is blue and pretty standard. The girly pink one went on sale for sooo cheap that I had to buy it. I have one at home and one at work.

*Kat*

galpal.hi said...

@BV--I did only melt and pour. Doing the cold press soaps was a little scary for me. If you do decide to do melt and pour, let me know. I might have some molds that I can send to you.

*Kat*