Monday, December 6, 2010

Holiday Green and Gold EOTD (pic heavy)

It seems that recently I've been doing mainly reviews so I decided to an EOTD that I recently did and recreated for today's blog post. With the holidays right around the corner, I find myself wearing the festive colors of the season so I wanted my eyes to match the festive mood.

Products used:

I left this picture pretty much at it's original size so you can click on it to see better.

Urban Decay:
   Eyeshadow Primer Potion in Sin
   NAKED Palette--Sin (Noted w/red star)
   Book of Shadows III--Kush and Loaded (Noted w/red stars)
MAC:
   Remotely Grey
   Neutral Pink
   Goldmine (Noted w/pink star)
K-Palette Real Lasting Eyeliner
Revlon Grow Luscious Mascara

After my usual preparations, I primed using UD Eyeshadow Primer Potion in Sin.


In contour area between the creaseline and browbone, I applied Remotely Grey. I also applied Neutral Pink in the same area but only on the inner 1/3 and blended it towards the center and out.

It's a very subtle difference

Kush is then applied on entire eyelid from lashline to just above creaseline.


Loaded is applied in the same area but only on the outer half of the eyes. I make sure to blend the colors well.


Using my finger, I dab it into Goldmine and then dab it onto the center of my eyelid. Keep on doing this until you reach the intensity that you want.


Using Loaded again, I define the outer "V" of my eyelid.


I also use Loaded on my lower lashline to create a very subtle liner effect. Mai doesn't like to do this because she wears contacts and can't stand the shadow getting in her eyes. I like to do it because it's an effect where you wonder if the person lined her eyes or not.


I finish it off by applying a bit of Sin onto browbone, line my upper lashline and outer 1/4 of lower lashline with K-Palette and Grow Luscious mascara to my upper lashes.



For a formal party, you can make your eyes more dramatic/glamorous  by using UD 24/7 liner in zero (included in the BoSIII palette) and going over it with Loaded.


I hope that you enjoyed this holiday look.

EDIT:  You can also use shades of blue and silver in the same manner for another holiday look.
*Kat*

16 comments:

Jenni said...

love your detailed tutorial <3! i don't like having shadows/liners on lashlines because of contacts too > <

i've heard so much things about k-palette liner, is it that awesome??:)

Brianna said...

I love the greens, I was just looking at some green shadows in my collection and thinking to myself to use them. :)

galpal.hi said...

@Jennifer--Thank you! Glad that you liked my tutorial. I rarely do it because I feel that there are so many talented beauty bloggers out there who can do a much better job of EOTDs.

I totally LOVE the K-Palette liner. Admittedly, I haven't tried any other similar liner except for Revlon's Color Stay and that was horrible! The K-Palette liner dries very quickly, which could also be a bad thing if you make a mistake since it's not fixable. It does last on me until I remove my makeup. When Mai had her Lancome makeover done, Lancome's liner, which was very similar, was used and I thought that it was way too wet and didn't dry quickly enough. When Mai opened up her eyes and then close them again, the liner had smeared onto her crease area. Not good!

*Kat*

galpal.hi said...

@Brianna--I hope that you can find a way to use your greens and post an EOTD. I love seeing different techniques and color combos that others use.

BTW, I edited my post at the end because I thought about it and you can use the same technique that I did but using shades of blue with silver. Another nice holiday color combo.

*Kat*

Anonymous said...

I really like your festive look with your colour combo! i cant pull off greens :/ hope you're having a good week!

galpal.hi said...

@Nic Nic--Thank you so much! I've never really worn greens much before so I'm having fun experimenting. My week is going well--will be even better when I get to meet K in two days! I hope that you're having a good week too.

*Kat*

♥ Starryxuan said...

Pretty EOTD :) makes me wanna try it too :)

galpal.hi said...

@Starryxuan--Thank you! Please let me know if you do try it out. I'd love to see your result. I'm sure that you'll look awesome.

*Kat*

Jenni said...

thankyou Kat :)!

Denysia Yu said...

Love the look! I've yet to pick up the Urban Decay BOS III, and the naked palette, but now that I think about it, it's at the top of my wishlist! :)

galpal.hi said...

@Denysia--When you are able to get the NAKED Palette, I'm sure that you will absolutely love it. I'm not a brown eyeshadow person but I really do like my NAKED Palette. It's quite versatile. The colors in BOS III are great too.

Ah, if they are at the top of your wishlist, then I hope your wishes come true.

*Kat*

Jenni said...

Thanks a lot for the advice to take pictures, Kat! :) I have never tried canmake loose powder blushes, do you apply them with their puff in the jar?

Anna Katrina said...

that green is a beautiful color !!!



stop by sometime<3
http://passportglamour.blogspot.com

a!k0 said...

I love this :D I love green and this is sexy :D Thanks for sharing!

x0x0

lifelittlesurprises.blogspot.com

galpal.hi said...

@Anna Katrina--Thank you! Thank you also for visiting. I'll visit you sometime too.

*Kat*

galpal.hi said...

@a!k0--Thank you! I'll try posting my kitty pic up soon for you to see.

*Kat*